Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Heat wave and hosiery

We're having a heat wave in the northeast US today!  The sun is shining and the temps are soaring towards 80.  I'm working from home again today, and as I was getting dressed this morning, I still decided to put on a pair of pantyhose.  Why not go bare on a day as warm as this, you may ask?  It's simple: bare legs just ain't the same!  My infatuation with the look and feel of silky hosiery is what got me started on this path to Elise, so I try to wear them as often as possible.  (Also, I wasn't shaving my legs for the week, so they look so much more feminine in hose.)

Like the old L'eggs slogan says: Nothing beats a great pair of legs!  I love those old pantyhose advertisements from the 70s and 80s.  They were filled with glamour and elegance, and often showed an intimate moment between a beautiful woman and an adoring and handsome admirer.  And they so effectively showed how a good pair of pantyhose can make a woman look so much more feminine (no matter what she is doing or where she is) and so much more attractive to the men.  I've made a bunch of caps using those old ads.  Here's one of my favorites:



Perhaps if the hosiery companies were to start creating these kinds of ads again, women could see how fabulous sheer hosiery can be, and we can finally reverse that awful bare leg trend!  Are you a hosiery addict too?  What brands & styles do you prefer?

Ciao! Elise

P.S.  If there happen to be any ad executives reading this post, I’d be glad to serve as your hosiery model.  And you won’t even have to pay me – just give me a life-time supply of your finest products!

1 comment: